Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day Success


For as long as I can remember, my grandmothers always cooked the turkey and dressing for Thanksgiving. I just assumed that only grandmothers could do that kinda thing. It has only been a few years now that my mom has actually done the turkey and dressing. Once again - I just assumed you needed to be a grandmother to do this.

Fast forward to Thanksgiving 2007 - Not going anywhere for Thanksgiving this year - no Grandmothers around - So Guess what - If you want a bird - gotta do it yourself!!

I did it and it was a total success!!
Thad - man of few words - said this
was the best Turkey Day Meal he
had ever had (I am sure that was to make me feel good).

The Menu: Turkey, Cornbread Dressing(no bag or box), Homeade Gravy, Christmas Potatoes, Butter Beans, Rolls, Cranberry Sauce, and Pumpkin Pie with "real" whipped cream!! I will admit that the Pumpkin Pie came from Sam's Club (but don't tell Thad - he thinks I made it).

1 comment:

Laney said...

Way to go on your dinner! Happy Thanksgiving!